Saturday with my Bestie

So Saturday was spent with my best friend.

I ended up going to Toronto for the day to spend time with my friends Jessi and Deeps. Well it turns out the Deeps had to cancel as she was so sick and her usual medication was not helping at all.

Anyways my trip into the big city. Well I had a great day. I picked Jessi up at her place and then we headed down town to visit my brother. Who lives just off of King Street. Anyways when we finally got to his place we headed to Queen Street. We had a great time walking around and looking in all the stores. It was so much fun. We got to see a movie being made right down on Queen Street. It was so cool. They had a chase scene and they were using all of these Taxi's cabs and they had a NY city police car. WAY cool. Then they were shooting this one scene with a whole bunch of guys dresses in SWAT. We were thinking that if we had time we would go and see if we could be extras in the movie. I think that it would have been way to much fun. Anyways we headed back to Rob's place to drop him off, and then headed to the Cupcakery.

Well the Cupcakery. What can I say. They have the best after eight cupcakes I have ever had. Well this is the first time I am ever trying them, but they were so wonderful. Jessi couldn't believe that they are charging $2.50 a cupcake. I told that what they usually charge if you go any where else also. She just couldn't believe it.

Then we headed to the first of three Dollar Stores. That's right we hit up three DOLLAR STORES. Oh my god did my feet ever hurt plus it was raining totally not a fun thing to do in the rain.

Anyways we finally found what we were looking for at the last dollar store of course. Isn't that how it always goes. Oh well. It was a fun time. We found these IV bags filled with candy liquid that looks like blood. It has to be one of the grossest things I have ever seen. So of course we had to get some for the Halloween party. They are going to be a huge hit I hope. Then we also picked up some blood hand prints and feet. So cool.

So after our adventure in the land of dollar stores we headed to the movies. We went and saw FAME!!! It was great. We had seen the play together when it was at the Royal Alexander or the Princess I can't remember. Anyways we couldn't wait for them to come out with the movie. It was really good. I just didn't like that they had to leave the best song for last. Which is of course. FAME. So as Jessi and I watched we totally had to sing. It was in our blood.

After FAME we headed back to Jessi's place for a night of tie dying. Mark's friend's wife is having a baby and she is due in January and I had though that it would be a fun idea if I had tie dyed oneies for her. So they turned out great. Jessi and I couldn't believe who neat they looked. But on a sad note. We couldn't find anything else in her apartment that we could dye. We were totally on a dye high. Then we ended up watching Strike, which is such a funny movie and hanging out and then I headed for the home land. I couldn't believe all the rain that I had to get though to get home. Totally not called for. This is September not April.

Well I got home safe and sound and headed right to bed. It was a long day!

0 comments:

All about Me

A newlywed who was married August 22, 2009, Martha Stewart wannnabee, and self-proclaimed queen (of my household anyways). I love to bake and entertain for my friends.
I am totally over the moon with cupcakes, and everything that has to do with them. I want to travel the world and visit the all the great wonders this world has to offer. I'm new to blogging so thanks for reading along while I figure out where it's going to take me!