New Years Desserts

NEW YEARS EVE DESSERTS!!!


Yes it's true I totally have dropped off the face of the EARTH!!! I can not believe that I haven't been blogging in a little over a month. But I have good reason. I have been pretty busy with other things. Anyways lets talk about New Years. Well this year Mark and I were invited to two party's, which we attended both, and had a great time. So I needed something quick and easy to make. What to do, what to do. Well I went to my blog reader and looked for some kind of dessert to bring, but I had to be careful because Mark can't have chocolate. I know it's a sin, that most of my wonderful desserts comes with CHOCOLATE!!!
Anyways I wanted to make something that I could take both places that would be great and that I would not have to go out on New Years Eve looking for ingredients. Anyways I came across these at Beantown Bakers site.
They were so simple to make. I couldn't believe it.
Blondie's
6-7 TBS butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
"add in"
For Blondie # 1 I used 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips, and 1/4 cup of skor bits.
For Blondie # 2 I used 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of M&M candies
Preheat oven to 350
Line an 8x8 pan with foil and lightly spray with PAM
In a large microwave bowl melt the butter. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Mix the brown sugar with the melted butter and beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla. Add salt, stir in flour and baking powder. Mix in any additions.
Pour into prepared pan and use a greased spatula to evenly spread mixture in pan and level the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set in the middle. Cool on rack before cutting.
ENJOY!!

0 comments:

All about Me

A newlywed who was married August 22, 2009, Martha Stewart wannnabee, and self-proclaimed queen (of my household anyways). I love to bake and entertain for my friends.
I am totally over the moon with cupcakes, and everything that has to do with them. I want to travel the world and visit the all the great wonders this world has to offer. I'm new to blogging so thanks for reading along while I figure out where it's going to take me!